Sunday, April 5, 2009

I Ching

The photo is one of the works of Huang Yong Ping in his exhibition at Vancouver Art Gallery, 2007. (I missed his exhibition...I was in Vancouver at that time, now I regret)

I'm reading Huang Yong Ping's "House of Oracles". That's one of the things I love UBC that much - UBC's library is real, I can have the books I want in hand. To be honest, I really hate reading from the computer screen.

Last Friday, Professor Tsao introduced the installation work "Dialogue" by Xiao Lu. That is an interesting piece. She created this meaningful work in an extreme emotional trauma.

Today I re-encounter the book, I Ching, or "Book of Changes", is also a book of changelessness, in terms of its ageless classic.

I love the scenario that Huang usually uses I Ching to solve his hesitation or indecisiveness. His photos are so cute.

No comments: